Childcare and Preschool Options

Good, quality childcare can be hard to find. We can help you find the care you want for your child!

APS has a childcare center that is free for APS parenting students:

APS Early Beginnings Early Learning Center banner - click here to visit the Early Beginnings website

There are many community child care options in Aurora and the surrounding Metro area.

Leaving your child with someone else can be difficult!

Not sure what to look for, or what to expect with child care?

  • Colorado Shines has Steps to Finding Quality Care in Your Community which provides a series of suggestions to consider during your child care search

  • If you plan to take your child to a friend's or family's childcare, the Giggle and Grow program is a great resource to share. The program offers free child development and activitiy tips .

What happens when your child care isn't available?

  • Sometimes, your regular child care may be temporarily unavailable. You need a back up plan!

      • Consider which relatives, friends or neighbors might be available to help you on an emergency basis. Talk with them about when and under what circumstances they might be able to help.

  • What if no one else is available, and you HAVE to stay home to watch your child?

      • Speak with your school staff beforehand about temporary absences in these instances.

      • Check in with teachers in advance to determine their classroom policy regarding make-up assignments for periodic absences.

What to do if your child becomes ill?

  • Have you thought about what will happen when your child becomes sick? Sometimes knowing when to keep your child home from day care and school can get confusing.

As a young parent, you are eligible for FREE child care!

The Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) is offered through your county of residence. CCAP will cover the cost of child care while a teen parent finishes school.

In 2016, in conjunction with the Teen Parent Collaborative, YPSP helped to successfully pass Colorado HB 16-1227. This bill helps teen parents easily access CCAP without having to file for child support.

Contact Information:

  • If you live in Arapahoe County, call 303-636-1170 or stop by at 14980 East Alameda Drive, Aurora CO 80012. To visit their website click here.

  • If you live in Adams County, call 303-604-1043 Ext. 2953 and attend an orientation meeting. To visit their website click here.

  • You can also call the state CCCAP office at 303-866-4152. To visit their website click here.

**Not all childcare centers accept CCAP. Make sure to check!**

Start your child's education with APS!

  • To qualify for an APS preschool:

      • Your child must be 3 or 4 years of age on or before October 1

      • You must live within the Aurora Public Schools Boundary

      • You child must get screened before February 2020