Childcare and Preschool Options
Good, quality childcare can be hard to find. We can help you find the care you want for your child!
Leaving your child with someone else can be difficult!
Not sure what to look for, or what to expect with child care?
- Colorado Shines has Steps to Finding Quality Care in Your Community which provides a series of suggestions during your child care search.
What happens when your child care isn't available?
- Sometimes, your regular child care may be temporarily unavailable. You need a back up plan!
- Consider which relatives, friends or neighbors might be available to help you on an emergency basis. Talk with them about when and under what circumstances they might be able to help.
- What if no one else is available, and you HAVE to stay home to watch your child?
- Speak with your school staff beforehand about temporary absences in these instances.
- Check in with teachers in advance to determine their classroom policy regarding make-up assignments for periodic absences.
What to do if your child becomes ill?
- Have you thought about what will happen when your child becomes sick? Sometimes knowing when to keep your child home from day care and school can get confusing.
- APS Health Services provides General Guidelines for Keeping Children Home Due to Illness to help you figure out what is best for your child!
- Make sure you contact your child care provider any time your son or daughter will be absent.
As a young parent, you are eligible for FREE child care!
The Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) is offered through your county of residence. CCAP will cover the cost of child care while a teen parent finishes school.
In 2016, in conjunction with the Teen Parent Collaborative, YPSP helped to successfully pass Colorado HB 16-1227. This bill helps teen parents easily access CCAP without having to file for child support.
- If you live in Arapahoe County, call 303-636-1170 or stop by at 14980 East Alameda Drive, Aurora CO 80012. To visit their website click here.
- If you live in Adams County, call 303-604-1043 Ext. 2953 and attend an orientation meeting. To visit their website click here.
- You can also call the state CCCAP office at 303-866-4152. To visit their website click here.
**Not all childcare centers accept CCAP. Make sure to check!**
Start your child's education with APS!
- To qualify for an APS preschool:
1 District Child Care Center